Do you have a creative brain? Can you write well? Do you have an affinity for Europe? And would you like to make an impact by writing and coming up with new impactful projects at the Electorate? Then apply now for the Fundraising & Development internship.
Position: Intern Fundraising & Development.
Period: +/- September 1, 2023 – February 1, 2024, (start/end date by mutual agreement)
Hours: +/- 3-5 days a week, by arrangement
Internship allowance: €250-€350
The Electors creates impactful productions to activate young people on social issues such as the future of Europe, the climate crisis and Dutch democracy. We conduct the European part of our activities from the DE/MO Foundation. Founded by the Electors, the DE/MO Foundation aims to encourage civic engagement among young people in Europe through culture. We believe that societies are constructed using different stories. We are connected through the movies we see, the music we listen to and the events we participate in. This is how our worldview is determined. To give an idea of how this translates to our work: DE/MO’s first project was “Untold Stories.” This is a multimedia production with seven participating countries, aiming to spark debate on the future of Europe. In the coming years we want to develop similar European projects in order to change or increase the way civic engagement in Europe.
As a fundraiser at The Electors & DE/MO Foundation, you are an integral part of the team. You will be primarily engaged in fund scanning and writing new fund requests for future projects. You will be involved in conceptualizing new projects and establishing new partnerships with similar organizations. To give an idea, these projects could be about mapping the loss of biodiversity, the war in Ukraine or the European elections in 2024. You will work with the Elections team at the office in Amsterdam oud-west.
- Scanning funds for potential funding opportunities
- Writing fund applications for both Dutch and European partners
- Establish contacts with other community organizations to explore possible collaborations.
- Devising new projects concerning journalism, culture and community involvement
- Support the foundation by actively helping to build community
- You are still studying or have just graduated (WO)
- You are interested in European culture and politics and have a strong affinity for multimedia and journalism
- You are creative, responsible, independent and accurate
- Available for a period of 4 or 5 months (part-time or full-time)
- Languages: Dutch & very good command of English
- Pre: you have legal background knowledge or experience
Enthusiastic? Send your CV + brief motivation by June 1, 2023 23:59 to email@example.com. You don’t have to wait to submit until the deadline, after submitting your application we start interviewing and hiring applicants immediately. Feel free to email/DM/App us for questions.