Do you want to work for a foundation that produces multimedia projects? Do you have great writing skills and want to learn how to raise funds for impactful projects across Europe? Do you love journalism, culture and civic engagement as much as we do? Then this is your bid for the Spring of 2023.
Position: Fundraiser & Development (internship)
Period: 1 February 2023 – 1 July 2023 (4-5 months, in consultation)
Hours / week: 3-5 days (in consultation)
Compensation: €250-€350 (depending on hours/w)
DE/MO is a movement of young creative Europeans building vibrant democracies. We aim to build political engagement amongst young people through culture. We believe that societies are built through telling stories. It is the films we see, the music we hear, and the events we participate in that shape our views and societies as a whole. DE/MO’s first European project was Untold Stories, a multimedia project in seven European countries, aimed at stirring the debate about the future of Europe. The coming years, we aim to develop myriad similar European projects, changing the way we look at boosting civic engagement in Europe.
As a fundraiser, you’re an integral part of the team, primarily responsible for making funding scans and actually writing funding proposals for upcoming projects. You’ll be involved in conceptualizing new projects and establishing new partnerships with other like minded organizations. The projects could include new ways of portraying the loss of biodiversity, the housing crisis, the Ukraine war or the 2024 European Elections. As this is a fairly new organization consisting of a small team, you can expect a lot of independence and room for initiative to come up with new ideas to get young Europeans engaged through cultural or multimedia projects across the continent.
• Making funding scans for potential funding opportunities
• Writing funding proposals on both a Dutch and European level
• Engage with other civil society organizations to explore potential partnerships.
• Come up with new projects on the nexus of journalism, culture and civic engagement
• Assist with setting up and executing innovative experiments in the Accelerator program
• Supporting the foundation by building a community
• You’re studying or have just graduated (university level)
• Strong interest in European culture and politics and affinity with multimedia and journalism
• Excellent writing skills in Dutch and English
• You’re an independent worker
• Available for 4-5 months (3-5 days per week)
Became enthusiastic? Send us a DM with questions, or send your CV + motivational letter before Tuesday 10 January 23:59 to email@example.com.